To celebrate the pillar of achievement, National Youth Week is proud to announce the 2020 Achievement Scholarship. Winners will be announced on Friday, June 19, 2020.
“State your CASE” is a program sponsored by OMI, focused on identifying and tackling issues that plague our youth as it pertains to Conflict, Anger, and Self-Esteem (CASE). Positive interventions in these areas will propel our youth to excellence and prepare the youth to lead tomorrow. This scholarship challenges you to speak out about Conflict, Anger, and Self-Esteem.
How to apply:
- Applicant must submit a video (minimum 2 minutes – maximum 4 minutes)
- Accepted video formats: .mov, .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .flv, .qt
- Video may not include obscenity, crude language, violence, or anything of an inappropriate or illegal nature
- Video must include your personal reflection on how emotions associated with conflict, anger, or
self-esteem has affected you or someone you know positively or negatively. What could you do
or other young people do to help someone dealing with issues associated with conflict, anger, or
- Complete the application on page 2 and email signed application and video to email@example.com by Monday, May 11, 2020. Applications accepted after May 11 will not be considered.
- No minimum GPA requirement
- Must be 19 years of age or younger before September 1, 2020
- Must be able to provide proof of enrollment in a post-secondary institution (2- or 4-year college or university, vocational, technical, or trade school) for Fall 2020
- Extra consideration will be given to students desiring to pursue education associated with adolescent/child psychology, environmental science, fine and performing arts, social work, or governmental policy
- Must be a legal resident of the United States
- Has not previously received an OMI scholarship
- Video will be scored based on originality, creativity and authenticity
Winners will be notified via email two weeks prior to the announcement on June 19, 2020. Failure to respond to the email within 1 week will result in forfeiture of the award and another recipient will be selected.